|This recruitment is open to:
The public and all County employees.
There will be no carry-overs from any previous recruitment.
All interested candidates must apply..
|Business Support Specialist|
|Open – All interested Applicants|
|This is administrative and technical work in the administration and support to operations in the day-to-day delivery of the department's office and field production activities to include stakeholder contacts, work orders, scheduling, business analysis and highly technical automated computer business systems support; coordination of personnel, travel, accounting, and purchasing that includes responsibility for representing and assisting the organization to implement a broad range of policies and procedures in a very large county department. Employees in this class are responsible for understanding and implementing specialized department office operations or office support production processes to provide technical support in production operations, personnel, and other administrative programs. The incumbent explains program assigned information, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations to managers, supervisors, employees, and customers. Duties may include preparation and publication of production schedules; management reports; conducting intake of complaints about department or workplace issues; assisting with investigations of problems; reviewing and processing work orders, operating plans, production schedules, travel requests, reviewing and tracking training classes, or assisting with a wide range of other administrative tasks supporting the department's programs and operations. Work requires the exercise of considerable independent judgment, attention to detail, and adherence to rigid deadlines. Non-standard situations and complex technical problems are referred to a supervisor with recommended courses of action. The position reports to a manager, supervisor or designee.|
|• 4 years experience in customer service, finance, accounting, personnel, administration, purchasing or in the assigned programs or field of responsibility that includes lead worker, supervisor, trainer, or supervisor training; or
• Associate's degree in business, finance, information technology or a related field and 2 years experience as described above; or
• Bachelor's degree and 6 months experience in a related field; or
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
|• Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver's License and endorsement, if any.
• Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
|• Administers general and technical processes within the various departments of the DEI.
• May perform a wide range of tasks, duties, and assignments to support highly technical operations in the day-to-day delivery of the department's office and field production activities to include stakeholder contacts, work orders, scheduling, business analysis, and highly technical automated computer business systems support.
• Conducts special projects and research on administrative matters for management.
• Assists with investigations and problems.
• Compiles and analyzes data; prepares statistical and other reports for management use.
• Counsels and provides information on employment laws, personnel rules, county and department policies, procedures and operations to management and employees.
• Trains or leads employees, reviews work, advises other departmental clerical employees, develops operational procedures.
• Conducts orientation to newly hired employees, drives a van to various DEI worksites, coordinates orientation with departmental personnel.
• Informs and counsels employees on promotion and transfer possibilities within the DEI or the Unified Personnel System.
• Acts as liaison with the Human Resources Department to obtain registers, applications, and schedule examinations.
• Reviews and processes all travel requests for DEI.
• Assists the supervisor with coordinating training and maintaining training records.
• Performs related work as assigned or required.
|• Knowledge of administrative, management and supervisory policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the principles and procedures of current office operations.
• Knowledge of department processes/programs, personnel functions, practices, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to perform independently in the administration of office and field production activities to include stakeholder contacts, work orders, scheduling, business analysis and highly technical automated computer business systems support; risk management/safety programs support; emergency management support; training support; purchasing & travel support; personnel support; payroll support; administrative audits support; benefits support and other assignments to departments and subunits within the DEI.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing to make presentations and briefings to individuals and groups.
• Ability to maintain filing systems, analyze data, prepare reports, analyze information, resolve administrative problems, and make recommendations to improve administrative programs.
• Ability to perform technical computations and statistical tabulations, and prepare reports based upon the findings.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
• Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints with tact and courtesy.
• Ability to apply computer applications and software as well as operate other equipment to enter and retrieve information, monitor work performed, and to communicate information in reports.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, superiors, fellow employees, and others.
|All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.|