|Water/Wastewater Plant Operator 2|
|Water Reclamation Treatment Systems|
|Promotional Departmental - Department of Environment & Infrastructure (DEI)|
|Operations Specialist 2
Water Reclamation Treatment Systems
$ 39,748 - $ 62,420
This is the most advanced technical level for the water/wastewater plant operator position supporting the Senior Operations Specialist requiring leadership and lead worker duties, special project and other lead administrative responsibilities. Work specializes in water/wastewater treatment plant operation, process control and monitoring, maintenance and/or repair of chemical feed pumps, motors, flow meters, water treatment equipment, and related support systems; collection, processing, and analysis of a variety of water samples.
The complexity of the treatment plant and distribution system require a wide variety of specialized equipment and procedures, calling for the incumbent to adapt to new and changing circumstances with an ability to work independently and at multiple locations. An incumbent in this classification is expected, with minimal advance notice, to rotate to various assignment schedules, and locations to meet peak workload; stand in for other personnel, and/or serve as acting lead worker. The incumbent independently completes complex tasks in water/wastewater treatment plant operations to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements. This can include monitoring, maintenance, and/or repair of pumps, motors, treatment systems, generators, support systems, and supervises or leads others when assigned. Types of equipment and systems experienced may include lift stations, switch gear, flow meters, chemical feed systems, overhead cranes, biological process control and related activities. Position also performs collection, analysis, reporting, and processing of a variety of biological process samples. The position also requires the incumbent to have the ability to motivate others, build and maintain a team environment, and use work management systems for effectiveness and cost savings.
The department is seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
• Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least 3 years experience (or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience) in the performance of process control including:
The performance of operational control tests and evaluation and interpretation of the test results;
Preparation of plant process control reports, logs or records;
Analysis and disposal or distribution of the plant product and the residuals from the treatment process;
Control of the hydraulic system and necessary chemical adjustments;
Water/Wastewater system operation and maintenance;
Sample collection and analysis;
Electronic surveillance system monitoring and plant maintenance.
• Possession and maintenance of a current, valid Florida Certified Drivers’ License.
• Possession of a Class B Florida DEP Waste Water Treatment Plan Operator’s License.
• At least 1 year of experience with leadership, special project, supervisory or intermittent supervisor duties, and/or other lead administrative responsibility within the water treatment profession
• Experience with the preparation and completion of Florida DEP Monthly Operating Reports.
• Ability to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, etc.
• Experience with a computerized work management programs (i.e. SCADA, Maximo, etc.) including the ability to enter, extract, and manipulate data.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and credentials relevant to the position.
|• Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least 3 years experience in the performance of process control including the performance of operational control tests and evaluation and interpretation of the test results; preparation of plant process control reports, logs or records; analysis and disposal or distribution of the plant product and the residuals from the treatment process; and control of the hydraulic system and necessary chemical adjustments; water distribution system operation and maintenance; sample collection and analysis; electronic surveillance system monitoring, and plant maintenance. Education or experience must include team leader, supervisory, or leadership training; or
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
|• Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver's License and endorsement, if any.
• Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• A Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Water or Wastewater Plant Operator Class "B" or higher license as set forth in Florida Administrative Code Chapter 62-602, DEP describing Water or Domestic Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators and Water Distribution System Operators license requirements.
• Candidate to acquire and maintain certification in designated areas according to area of assignment.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
sirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
|All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.|