|This recruitment is open to: The public and all County employees.
This is an Exempt Recruitment recruitment for an Emergency Management Operations Manager.
There will be no carry overs from any previous recruitment.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY
|Emergency Management Operations Manager|
|Open - All Interested Applicants|
|Emergency Management Operations Manager
Pinellas County Government
Salary starts at $64,055 + Excellent Benefits
This is advanced administrative, supervisory and technical work, supporting and assisting the Director of Emergency Management in the daily operations of the department. Programming and planning are done under the guidelines of the State Division of Emergency Management and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Work involves responsibility for assisting to organize, plan, direct, coordinate and monitor all Emergency Management programs. An employee in this class performs difficult and advanced duties in disaster preparedness planning and response.
The department is seeking a candidate with:
• Experience with writing plans
• Experience with implementing and managing grant programs
• Experience with public speaking, presentations, and training
• Ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Ability to obtain consensus for plans and procedures
• Ability to conduct research
• Strong technological skills with the ability to apply them to the discipline
• At least 1 year of lead worker, supervisor, and/or manager experience or training
• Familiarity with state and federal programs, policies and procedures
• Ability to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• Special consideration for candidates with Emergency Management experience in Florida and/or other coastal counties.
• Must possess and maintain a current, valid Florida Driver's License
• Additionally, the candidates should have:
• 5 years of professional work experience in emergency management, public safety, emergency preparedness and response or related field, supervision or supervisory training; or
• Bachelor's degree in emergency management or related field and 1 year experience as described above; or
• Associate's degree in emergency management or related field and 3 years experience as described above; or
• An applicant designated as a Florida Professional Emergency Manager (FPEM) or a Certified Emergency Manager (CEM); or
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
This recruitment will remain open until the vacancy is filled.
|All interested candidates must complete an application. If your employment application does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.|