|This recruitment is open to:
Pinellas County Permanent and Probationary Classified Employees within the Department of Environment & Infrastructure (DEI) only.
Department of Environment & Infrastructure permanent and probationary classified employees certified to the
Automotive Equipment Operator 3 Eligible Register(s) 1270200A1 & 1270210B1 will carry over to this register until their eligibility expires.
ALL OTHER INTERSTED DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT & INFRASTRUCTURE
PERMANENT & PROBATIONARY CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST APPLY.
|Automotive Equipment Operator 3|
|Promotional Departmental - Department of Environment & Infrastructure|
|This is skilled work operating common types of heavy automotive or construction equipment.
Employees in this class are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment such as a bulldozer, concrete distributor truck, front end loader, mobile crane, power grader, street sweeper, slope mower with flail and similar. Duties require considerable skill in working to engineering grades, operating heavy equipment and working efficiently and independently.
|• 6 months experience on job related equipment(s) as listed on the published equipment list at indicated level as it appears; or
• A Public Works Academy training certificate for equipment operators; or
• A Pinellas County employee equipment certification that includes experience or training on job related equipment(s); or
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
|The current vacancy requires the incumbent possess a Florida Class "B" Commercial Driver's License with air brakes.|
|• Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver's License and endorsement, if any.
• Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
|• Operates slope mowers, large tractor trucks, street sweepers, front end loaders, backhoes and truck mounted pavement stripping machines.
• Operates power graders on construction and maintenance work and blades sub-grades to engineering specifications, and operates bulldozers supporting various public works projects.
• Operates medium to heavy tractor/trailers, supervises or performs the loading and unloading of heavy equipment, transports equipment to and from work construction sites and operates equipment on a relief basis.
• Operates and drives tankers with capacities of over 5,000 gallons.
• Sets barricades, acts as flag man and participates in general labor work as required.
• May operate a wide variety of other equipment/tools, i.e., chain saws, weed eaters, pole saws, etc.
• Performs daily safety inspections of assigned equipment prior to and after use and performs routine service and maintenance.
• May supervise, on a project basis, assigned operators or other personnel and ensures work is accomplished in a safe, productive and efficient manner.
• Performs related work as assigned or required.
|• Knowledge of the operation, maintenance, adaptabilities, limitations and safety precautions related to a broad range of automotive and construction equipment.
• Skill in the operation of heavy automotive and construction equipment.
• Ability to complete accurate accident or other routine reports.
• Ability to work under adverse weather conditions and possession of sufficient physical strength and agility to operate heavy equipment and perform manual labor.
|All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.|