|This recruitment is open to:
The public and all County employees.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY
|All Interested Candidates|
|This is professional land survey work supervising and reviewing subordinate technical employees engaged in land survey and construction projects.
Employees in this class perform complex work duties and involve public contact concerning County survey activities. Assignments are usually broad in scope with considerable opportunity for exercising independent professional judgment and making technical decisions of considerable difficulty.
|• Florida Registration as a Professional Land Surveyor, or
• Must have taken the Professional Land Surveyor examination.
|Proficient in the use of GIS (ESRI) and CADD (AutoDesk) products. Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS Outlook & MS Word. Skilled in the practices of boundary determination, land title research, legal descriptions of real property, easements, and terminology while also being able to plan and provide lead direction to assigned staff. Familiarity with Pinellas County CADD standards.|
|• Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver’s License and endorsement, if any.
• Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
|• Supervises, plans and directs activities of land survey crews which include plane, geodetic and hydrographic surveying.
• Directs land, right-of-way and location surveys, prepares land descriptions, final estimates, miscellaneous office calculations and performs field and construction surveys.
• Supervises and schedules technical staff engaged in computer aided map preparation, drafting of legal descriptions, title searches and related activities.
• Certifies plans, specifications, plats, reports and other documents for public works projects.
• Conducts training programs for employees in proper work and safety methods.
• Acts as advisor to County Attorney on cases involving surveying actions.
• Performs information processing related duties including using available statistical packages or programs, encoding data, data entry and retrieval, routine information terminal operations and programming/reprogramming.
• Performs related work as assigned or required.
|• Knowledge of the practice of land surveying and the law and Florida Statutes pertaining to land surveying.
• Knowledge of modern land surveying practices and procedures as applied to public works projects.
• Knowledge of modern developments, current literature and sources of information for land surveying.
• Skill in the use of land surveying instruments and equipment.
• Ability to present clear and concise reports, orally and in writing.
|All interested candidates must complete an application and a supplemental questionnaire. If your employment application and supplemental questionnaire does not provide all the information requested in the appropriate space, your name will be removed from consideration. Answers to all requests for information must be shown on the application and supplemental questionnaire. Answers such as "see resume" or "see work history" will not be considered. A resume may be added to the application, but cannot be substituted for a completed form.|