Main Employment Page
Current Job Openings
My Employment Profile
Detailed information on the job that you specified is provided below. If the 'Interest' link is active, you may submit an interest card for this position if desired.
Job Class Title
Minimum Annual Salary
Maximum Annual Salary
Nature of Work
This is routine clerical work sorting, picking-up and delivering mail for Pinellas County.
Employees in this class perform clerical tasks in presorting outgoing mail, sorting incoming mail, operating postage meters and picking-up and delivering mail. Work includes maintaining basic records, readdressing undeliverable mail having insufficient or incorrect address and periodically requires some strenuous manual activity.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• 1 year experience in general clerical work; or
• An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Appointing Authority May Also Require
• Florida Driver's License or Florida Commercial Driver's License and endorsement, if any.
• Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster situations.
• Other highly desirable knowledge, skills, abilities, and credentials relevant to a position.
• Sorts incoming mail, parcels and other materials according to receiving agency and delivery routes and delivers mail.
• Periodically lifts and carries mail sacks, boxes and packages.
• Picks-up outgoing mail and presorts outgoing mail by zip code.
• Operates postage scales and meters in order to weigh and stamp mail.
• Maintains basic records for outgoing and accountable mail.
• Performs related work as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of mailroom practices and procedures.
• Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions and keep basic records.
• Ability to rapidly acquire a thorough knowledge of agencies and their locations within the County government.
• Ability to make arithmetic computations and possession of physical strength and ability sufficient to carrying items normally distributed by the mail service.